Prices & FAQ
Prices & FAQ
Our base rate is very straightforward: $110/hour of taped recording transcribed for ONE or TWO voices and reasonably intelligible sound quality. These include IDs of speakers.
Focus groups (of more than TWO voices) cost $165/hour of recording. That is with IDing participants by gender, male or female. That option is best for when you just need to know what is said, not exactly who said it.
OR the focus-group rate is $185.00 for one hour of taped recording with as exact participant IDs as possible.
- This charge is PER HOUR OF RECORDING transcribed, not per hour of our labor!
- We pro-rate our charges to the second of digital recording, and to the minute of analog tape recordings. This way you pay for only the transcription work you receive.
- After you fill out our order form, we can provide you the most exact estimate possible, based on questions we ask about the complexity of the job.
- Discounts for large and/or ongoing orders, non-profits, and students on request.
What's Included in the Base Rate:
- E-mailing transcripts as Word attachments to an unlimited number of addresses.
- Free uploading of digital sound files through our secure FTP site HERE.
ADD-ONS TO BASE RATE:
- Poor voice intelligibility that requires numerous playbacks and sound enhancements.
- Same-day, overnight, or weekend service.
- Fed-Ex or similar express delivery service charges.
- Time coding added very frequently (more than every minute).
- Large numbers of very short digital sound files (such as 60 one-minute files) transcribed (price for one-on-ones is $125/hour of recording transcribed).
- Transcription in a foreign language, mainly Spanish to Spanish.
- TRANSLATION of a foreign language, mainly Spanish into English, or English into Spanish.
- Micro-cassettes or standard-size audio cassette tapes, instead of digital audio you can upload.
WHAT IS YOUR TURNAROUND TIME?
- Two to four business days for four hours of recording or less.
- Up to five business days for additional hours of recording.
WHAT DOES SPANISH TRANSCRIPTION COST?
When Spanish translation is involved — to English or from English – we typically charge about three to four times the rate per hour of recording as English-to-English transcription (which is generally $110 per hour of recording). Transcribing Spanish to Spanish, with no translation involved, costs about double of what we charge for English-to-English transcription. Major variables in cost are regional accents, background noise, and density of speech.
There are several reasons why Spanish costs so much more than English, including: the use of more specialized (and highly paid) transcriptionists, the extra time in formatting (such as with accents) required by the Spanish language, and the slower pace of work of Spanish transcriptionists, who do not do this work full-time like most of the our strictly English ones. We also do not cut corners, using very experienced and educated translators — and delivering as premium of a product for Spanish as we do for English recordings.
Do you provide transcription in languages other than Spanish?
Yes! We are most experienced with Spanish, but now are happy to offer the translation services of another high-quality Chicago-area company, specializing in translation. With their assistance, we can nowprovide seamless transcription into about every other language, including German, French, Chinese and Arabic. For languages other than Spanish, please inquire with Paula about rates and availability.
When and HOW DO I PAY?
We accept checks, all major credit cards, PayPal, and Chase QuickPay. You can go here to our payment page to choose credit card payment or PayPal. You can also use Chase QuickPay by logging on to your own account and emailing the payment to transcriptprofessionals[at]gmail.com.
Payment from corporations and institutions is due within two weeks after completion of assignment.
Partial payment from individuals (typically a deposit of 50 percent) is expected before delivery of the transcriptions.
DOES TRANSCRIBING VIDEO AND AUDIO COST THE SAME? AND DO YOU STILL ACCEPT CASSETTE TAPES?
Yes. But there may be an extra charge for cassette tapes, especially micro-cassettes, which tend to have poor sound.
HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER?
Simply click here.
WHOM DO I CONTACT WITH MORE QUESTIONS?
Please call (tel. 847-328-7445) or send an email to Executive Director Paula Kamen